Kabul (Times Of Ocean)- Three blasts shook a boys’ school on Tuesday, April 19 in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul, police said.
A local source told media outlets that six people were killed and dozens were injured.
Khalid Zadran, a police spokesman in Kabul, tweeted that the blasts happened at the Abdul Rahim Shahid high school and “caused casualties among our Shiite brothers”.
According to reports, the incident occurred as the students left their classes.
A journalist who covers Afghanistan for The Wall Street Journal tweeted that a suicide bomber hit a school in Kabul’s Dashte Barchi, a predominantly Shia neighborhood.
The journalist was told by one of the teachers who escaped the attack, that the blast struck the main exit of Abdul Rahim Shahid School, where crowds of students were crowding.”
According to TOLOnews, the Ministry of Interior confirmed the blast and assured that an investigation has been launched and that more details will be shared later.
Eyewitnesses also told the media outlet that the explosion near the “Mumtaz” training center west of Kabul was caused by a hand grenade.
According to the report, at least five people were injured.
Currently, no one has claimed responsibility.
Since taking over Afghanistan last year in August, the Taliban have declared that the country is secure.
Analysts and international officials say there is a risk of a resurgence in militancy.
Additionally, the Islamic State militant group has claimed several major attacks.